User Conduct.You agree that your use of the Services is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You also agree:
- to comply with internationa law and local laws or rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Material, and regarding the transmission of technical data exported through the Services from the UK or the country in which you reside;
- not to host, submit content to or use the Services without the consent of a parent, guardian or educational supervisor if you are under the age of 13 (a “Minor”);
- not to use the Services for illegal purposes;
- not to commit any acts of infringement on the Services or with respect to the Services content;
- not to use the Services to engage in commercial activities;
- not copy any content, including death notices, for republication in any other newspaper or other publication, whether in print or on-line;
- not to create or maintain content in connection with the Services for or with any commercial or other purpose or intent that does not in good faith comport with the purpose or spirit of the Services, including but not limited to acquiring, designating, or choosing a website name or title, or website address or URL for resale or rental, depriving any family member or friend of a deceased person from establishing or using the Services in that person’s name, and linking to any commercial or other website from the Services;
- not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems from or through the Services;
- not to interfere with another person’s use and enjoyment of the Services or another entity’s use and enjoyment of the Services;
- not to use the Services for chain letters, junk mail, spamming, or use of distribution lists;
- not to upload or transmit viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- not to disrupt, interfere with, or otherwise harm or violate the security of the Services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Services or affiliated or linked sites (including those of our Affiliate Newspapers),
- Harm from Commercial Use. You agree that the consequences of commercial use or re-publication may be so serious and incalculable that monetary compensation may not be a sufficient or appropriate remedy.
Nature of User Material. Some features of the Services allow you and others to post, upload, transmit, display, publish, distribute, or otherwise submit material (collectively, “Submit”), including, but not limited to, images, information, articles, illustrations, lyrics, photos, audio files, poems, videos, or text (collectively, “Material”). You agree not to Submit any Material that:
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, hateful, or sexually explicit language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, sexual, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate;
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate, or unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights or right of publicity of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity;
- unfairly interferes with any third party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Services;
- is intended primarily to promote a cause or movement, whether political, religious or other;
- contains copyrighted content (copyrighted articles, illustrations, images, lyrics, photos, audio, video, poems, text, or other content) without the express permission of the owner of the copyrights in the content;
- constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal acts, the violation of any right of any individual or entity, the violation of any local, state, national or international law, rule, guideline or regulation, or otherwise creates liability;
- discloses any personal identifying information relating to or images of a Minor without consent of a parent, guardian or educational supervisor;
- infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right;
- contains viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- harms or is inappropriate for minors to view;
- links to any commercial or other website;
User Representations and Warranties. Each time you Submit Material to the Services, you represent and warrant that you have the right to Submit the Material, which means:
- you are the author of the Material, or
- the Material is not protected by copyright law, or
- you have express permission from the copyright owner to post the Material to the Services ; and
User License Grant to Aruthal.com You grant Aruthal.com., its affiliates (including its Affiliate Newspapers), and related entities a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, publish, transmit, perform, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from all Material you provide to Aruthal.com. in any form, media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize Aruthal.com. to include the Material you provide in a searchable format that may be accessed by users of the Services and other websites. You also grant Aruthal.com. and its affiliates (including its Affiliate Newspapers) and related entities the right to use your name and any other information about you that you provide in connection with the use, reproduction or distribution of such Material. You also grant Aruthal.com. the right to use the Material and any facts, ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques (“Information”) contained in any Material or communication you send to us for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, promoting and/or marketing products and services. You grant all rights described in this paragraph in consideration of your use of the Services without the need for additional compensation of any sort to you. Aruthal.com. does not claim ownership of Material you Submit to the Services.
Disclaimer of Responsibility for Material. You acknowledge and agree that Aruthal.com. does not control user-generated content or Material Submitted to the Services, and disclaims any responsibility for such Material. Aruthal.com. specifically disclaims any duty, obligation, or responsibility, to review, screen, refuse to post, remove, or edit any such content, or other Material. In addition, Aruthal.com. does not represent or warrant that any other content or information accessible via the Services is accurate, complete, or current. Price and availability of information is subject to change without notice. Aruthal.com. assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of the Services.
Review & Removal of Material.
- Aruthal.com. reserves the right (but disclaims any duty, obligation, or responsibility) to review, screen, refuse to post, remove in their entirety, or edit (at any time and without prior notice) any content or any Material available through the Services that Aruthal.com. believes, in its absolute and sole discretion, may violate Sections 2(b), 3(a), or 3(b) above. Aruthal.com. also reserves the right (but disclaims any duty, obligation, or responsibility) to refuse to post, remove in their entirety, or edit (at any time and without prior notice) any content or Material available through or Submitted to the Services for any reason or no reason whatsoever, in its absolute and sole discretion. In cases in which payment has been made in connection with Services content that has been removed for reasons other than a breach of 2(b), 3(a) or 3(b) above, Aruthal.com., will issue a full refund.
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under US copyright law. If you believe in good faith that content or Material hosted by the Services infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Aruthal.com. a notice requesting that the content or Material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Aruthal.com. to locate the content or Material within the Services; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the content or Material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Service should be sent to Aruthal.com, 2nd Floor McLaren's Building, No 123, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 04, Sri Lanka, Contact Us. Aruthal.com. suggests that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA. We reserve the right to terminate the account of any user who is a copyright infringer.
TERMINATION AND MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICES
Aruthal.com. reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify, suspend, or discontinue at any time, with or without notice, the Services (or any part thereof), including but not limited to the Services’ features, functions, look and feel.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND MATERIALS PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES (WHETHER PROVIDED BY Aruthal.com., YOU, OTHER USERS, AFFILIATE NEWSPAPERS, AND OTHER AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MATERIAL, TEXT, PHOTOS, GRAPHICS, AUDIO FILES, VIDEO, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Aruthal.com. DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE.
You may contact us in writing at [email protected].